Now accepting submissions (below).
We are excited to announce that the Nanaimo Arts Council will be operating the Downtown Nanaimo Artwalk in 2021, on Saturday December 4 and Sunday December 5.
Each year, 30-50 artists display their art in locations around downtown Nanaimo including private studios and local businesses. 2021 will be the 23rd anniversary of the festival.
The previous Artwalk committee members, who have run the program very successfully for many years, would like to concentrate on their own art in the future, and approached us to see if we might take on the program. We are very excited to do so, and will work hard to live up to the high standards which they were able to maintain.
As in the past, artists must arrange their own venues, whether that be in a business, an empty storefront, or their studio. Due to our funding, the Artwalk is geographically limited to the downtown area. You can view a map of this area here.
This year, the Nanaimo Artwalk is only available to Arts Council Members, but at a reduced cost to help during COVID.
It's very easy to become a member, and you will receive access to many other benefits from membership! Simply click the button below, and fill out the form.
Unable to see the artwalk form? Click here.
If you are unable to view the artwalk registration form, try the following:
- Make sure to sign in, and check that your membership hasn’t expired by visiting the membership status page here.
- After doing so, return to this page, and if you still can’t see it, try clearing your browser cache. There are complete instructions here, or you can use one of the following shortcuts if you use Chrome or Firefox:
- On Windows, press CTRL+F5
- On Mac, press Command+SHIFT+R
- If you are still unable to see the form after following the above steps, you may contact us so we can help troubleshoot the problem.